A company Co-Founder and the CEO at Gemmis Technologies, Missy has over 20 years business management experience in the technology and restaurant industries.
Prior to founding Gemmis, Missy was General Manager at Darden Restaurants’ Olive Garden Restaurants. She has served as a member of Darden’s Political Action Committee and as a member of the National Restaurant Association PAC.
Earlier in Missy’s career, she was a Dispute Resolution Process (DRP) Facilitator and an ombudsman in crisis management for the United States Navy.
Missy’s professional memberships include:
- American Business Women’s Association where she serves as Treasurer of the Northern Virginia Charter Chapter
- Business Network International (BNI) where she serves on the Executive Committee as a development ambassador for BNI’s Northern Virginia Region
- National Association of Female Executives (NAFE)
- DC Computer Consultants
- Toastmasters International, Educational Coordinator
Missy is actively involved in numerous charities and community activities, like:
- Fairfax County Community Emergency Response Team
- Girls on the Run coach
- New York State Society
Jeff Ferrio is a Co-Founder and the COO at Gemmis Technologies.
Jeff served 15 years of active duty in the Navy and has over 20 years’ experience in design, implementation, and support of information technology and telecommunications systems. Jeff is very proficient in technology planning; helping companies develop technology plans, PC repair, network security, wireless networks, wireless security, information security, PC support and VoIP services
Prior to founding Gemmis Technologies, Jeff was Director of Switching/ISP/Repair Operations at Cavalier Telephone where he oversaw the growth and maintenance of a telephone voice network that handled 10 million calls each day. His duties included providing Internet support, repair, and advanced technical support to customers. Jeff was responsible for a staff of eight managers and 120 technicians.
Earlier, Jeff was VP Switching/Field operations at Net2000 Communications, where he managed all switching and field operations with a technical staff of 250 employees. He has been Director of Switching Operations at Facilicom International, where he was responsible for the operations of 16 multinational switches.
Some certifications that Jeff holds include:
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA Security+ Certified
- CompTIA Network+ Certified
- CompTIA A+ Certified
- BICSI Certified
Jeff is actively involved in numerous charities and community activities:
- New York State Society
- Belvoir Bow Hunters